- This event has passed.
Success Formula for Networking
May 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$150.00
A contributing author to the New York Times’ bestseller Masters of Networking, Catherine Bell knows that one of the most effective ways to gain new clients is through networking. When done successfully, it goes far beyond polite conversation at early morning breakfasts. This workshop begins with the most common networking myths and what is necessary to avoid being trapped by them. You’ll then learn what to consider when identifying your best networking opportunities, how to gain visibility, what is needed to generate referrals, why you need to develop a unique Networking Power Pod, how to craft memorable self-introductions, and what the “confidence curve” is and why it figures into your networking success formula.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize 5 networking myths and define the truths associated with them
- Identify the 3 key elements necessary for generating referrals
- Understand the importance of the “confidence curve” and how the type of business influences the time it takes to receive referrals
- Analyze and choose effective networking groups based on individual criteria
- Gain visibility and maintain the trust of members
- Purposely develop a unique Networking Power Pod that will be more likely to refer them business
- Create and deliver memorable personal brand statements to use at networking events
- Maintain top-of-mind awareness through properly managing networking contacts